


Whoever said " You can't have your cake and eat it too" certainly was not a raw foodie. For two years now, I've enjoyed all of the Christmas "goodies" with none of the guilt. If any of you out there are long distance runners, this makes an awesome "pre-run fuel!" One thing that I've discovered after experimenting with numerous raw recipes is that sometimes the incredibly simple recipes are some of the yummiest recipes. Below is a recipe for my favorite cookie.This is a recipe that I adopted from Renee Loux Underkoffler's book called Living Quisine. I decided to put a new twist on it by adding my own version of raw confectioners sugar to make it look a little more festive! I served this for a family gathering during the Christmas holidays and it was a hit with even the "cooked foodies."It is very simple and takes only about fifteen minutes to make . Of course, you still have to dehydrate ( if it makes it to the dehydrator). This is also a very versatile recipe. As you can see I have shown several different ways it can be used and adapted to any occasion. All three pictures; the donuts, stars , and hearts,(makes great raw valentines cookies),are all made using this same basic recipe. The neat thing about the donuts is that this recipe acutually taste like "Hostess Crumb Donuts."Try this and let me know what you think!
Coconut Caramel Cookies
3 cups dried shredded coconut
1 cup pitted soft dates
3 tablespoons of raw almond butter
2 tablespoons of raw honey or agave , or maple syrup
2 tablespoonss of coconut butter (I used coconut oil)
1 tablespoon of non-alcohol vanilla extract ( I used vanilla flavor)
1 tablespoons of cinnamon
2 teaspoons of nutmeg
pinch of salt
Throw all of this into a food processor and process until it sticks together. Then roll out onto wax paper and cut out desired shapes.
Raw Confectioners Sugar
One half cup of dried cocoonut( I love WildernessFamilyNaturals.com and it is truly raw coconut!)
one half cup of Ultimate Superfood's Really Raw powdered agave (www.UltimateSuperfoods.com)
Directions: Grind coconut with a flat blade or coffee grinder until it is like a powder. Mix with the powdered agave. Use as is or add natural food coloring. This can be purchased at Whole Foods. ( It is just beet juice.)
Put into the dehydrator and dehydrate about 12 hours, flip over, and dehydrate another 12 hours. The drying time will depend on whether you make cookies or donuts and how thick you decide to make them. Ideally, they should be crispy on the outside and still soft on the inside.
Special note: If you don't have the powdered agave, the coconut will work too. It is mainly for looks, because the cookies are already sweetened.
No comments:
Post a Comment